What is SAMDplus?
In 2007 we introduced the programme SAMDplus for particularly motivated and talented young people. Besides the quality education, those who participate also benefit from the individual academic talent programme. The talent development programme begins in seventh class and continues until the Matura examinations are sat at the end of the pupils’ high school level education. It is possible to join the programme at any time in the classes seven to ten. It includes, among other elements, a second specialised subject, a school term abroad, science internships, study weeks and the participation in competitions. The pupils can avail of subject-specific one-to-one support from a teacher. We sign an individual academic-performance contract with each pupil with the goal of achieving an average mark of 5.3 (equivalent to A) in the Matura examinations.
Overview of SAMDplus
- Talent development programme for talented and particularly motivated young people
- Students can join the programme at any time in the classes seven to ten
- Goal: Matura with an average mark of 5.3
- Individual academic-performance contract
- Integration into normal classes
- Special learning modules
- Cooperation with research institutions and universities
- Participation in national and international projects
- Stays abroad with partner schools
- Participation in competitions
- Specialist teachers, external experts
- Various sporting activities